Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A not so brief vacation...

...and it wasn't even that much of a vacation.

Okay, so where to begin. It's been a while, and I have many photos and blog posts to share with you, one post at a time. But first, a brief life update (ie: why it's been forever and a day since I posted). Or a month, either way.

I was without Internet while I stayed at my parents house for about two weeks (where I had blue potatoes - yummy). The last two weeks have been filled with training for and then working at my new job ( yay, new job!) PLUS a puppy. After having this puppy, I know I don't want kids. He's adorable, but needy, haha. We're mostly working on the whole house-training thing for now, and it's harder than I thought...

This will be the first of many pictures because he is the cutest dog ever and I love him to bits already. His name is Shippo btw. It's a clever name, don't deny it.

Needless to say, I haven't had much time to focus on anything not work or Shippo related. Except food, there is always time for that. During my "vacay" I was able to spend time with friends, Cb (of Choice Sustenance) was one of them. We decided that we're foodies. I'm still coming to terms with it. Point is, there is always time for food.

One night she/we made dinner....

Enter the Choice Sustenance/Jill Spills It All Crossover Edition!


We had appetizers of hummus and carrots with wine. And dinner was served with wine as well. I love wine, especially enjoying it with great food and amazing friends. :) I told Cb that I wanted the authentic "Dinner With CS" experience and so, we had tempeh (click the link because I didn't know what it was either) with bbq sauce.

We also had mustard potatoes, which she made with a recipe she found on one of the many food blogs she reads daily. I cannot remember which one, but they were so good. Those we baked, but the tempeh and asparagus we grilled. I had never had grilled asparagus before. If you've never tried it grilled - do it. I am not a big fan of it normally, but with a dash of salt, pepper, and some charred bits, it's fantastic.


There is just something about a grill that makes things taste so much better. And if it's a charcoal grill, ohmygoodness. It must be the extra carcinogens (although since nothing grilled was actual meat on this day, I suppose there was no huge danger). Either way, I'll take what comes to me, because grilled food is worth it.


Paired with a salad (and more wine of course), our finished meal looked just as pretty on the table as it did in my head. Plus, it was filling (but not stuffing), healthy and super delicious. Now if I could only get ld to be open minded.... Thanks so much Cb and Wk4 for having me!

Also, for the record, carrots are the best way to enjoy hummus - deal with it.

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm.. sounds tasty. was i in TN when this all happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do think so... It was the 10th of May which puts you either in TN or driving back I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear fellow foodie! That was such a kind crossover post. I wish I had taken pics when I visited you!

    ReplyDelete